Click the question to expand the answer
- Q. How will my request be handled by PS Translation?
When you choose PS Translation as your preferred language services provider, you will be assigned your own personal account manager who will deal with your requests on an on-going day to day basis.
Your account manager will be central to your relationship with PS, being the main focal point of all project-based activity. Your account manager will ensure that all work undertaken is carried out to the highest standard, all queries dealt with in a timely manner and that you receive regular updates on the progress of your work.
- Q: How do we choose the translators for your project?
Our translators are all specialists in their chosen fields, such as technical experience, legal understanding, creative writing etc. Typically, they will have an industry specific qualification and many will have spent time working in a particular field or industry. For every assignment we receive, we analyse the nature of the assignment (i.e. is it a legal, technical, financial document, etc?) and marry up the text to the most appropriate translator.
We also find that many of our longstanding clients will have a preference for a particular translator who has worked on a number of assignments -something we're more than happy to oblige with.
- Q. What is the best format to supply the text in and how will the translation be supplied back to me?
- An editable format will be the best way to supply text us (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel etc) and unless specifically requested we will supply the completed translation back to you in the same format as the original.
- Q. Can you provide print ready artwork?
- Yes. We provide many post-translation services, include DTP and layout services. We're happy to accommodate any specific delivery requirements (such as print ready artwork etc). Please see information on our foreign language DTP and layout services for more information.
- Q. Do you offer proof-reading and is that part of the service?
- Yes - following translation, documents are independently checked by a 2nd mother tongue translator if requested. Prior to commencing work on your translation project we will advise if we believe proof-reading will enhance the quality of your final translation.
- Q. How is my work saved/stored on your system ?
- All of the work we undertake is maintained within our central database. Records of project work as well as our server data are backed up on a daily basis.
- Q. Do you use machine translation?
- No. All of our translations are carried out by professional human translators, working into their mother tongue in their specialist field. We only use translators who are trained to university degree level and who are supported by at least two professional references. Most also hold post-graduate qualifications and IoL/ITI diplomas.
- Q. Do you use reference material and glossaries?
- Yes. If reference material and glossaries are available we generally find that these improve the overall consistency of the translation and aid the translators in understanding the requirements.
- Q. Do you use CAT Tools?
- Yes. Many of our translators are fully capable of undertaking work that requires the use of CAT tools, with the vast majority using industry standard software such as Trados, Wordfast and Deja Vu.
- Q. Do you keep a copy of any of the translation memory generated by your translation work?
- Yes. If requested a copy of the translation memory will be kept for every assignment we undertake.
- Q. How long will my translation take to process?
- Professional translators can translate between 1,500 and 2,000 words per day depending on the subject matter. In some cases our translators are able to process more than this without jeopardising the quality of their work. If an assignment with a considerable word count is needed within a limited timeframe, then multiple translators can be assigned to sections of your work. Proofreaders are able to process approximately 1,000 words per hour.
- Q. Can you offer certification of your translation work?
- Yes. For a small fee of £20.00 we are happy to provide certification of any of the translation work we undertake. Please see our information on our certified translation services for more information.